Friday, August 04, 2006

Socratic Club Time Change

Dear Socratics,
Looking over my schedule this Fall I realized that I (and Phil) have a class on Fridays that begins at 1PM! :( I have emailed the prof (Portier-Young) to see whether there is any flexiblity in when that class begins. But assuming there is no flexiblity, I wonder whether others have a similar problem and whether we might consider another day. If we are not able to find another day, then Phil and I will just have to join for the first 20-30 minutes and then leave for class. I believe Friday was a good day because there were no other lunch meetings that we wanted to go to on Fridays. So given that thought, I wonder what Mondays looks like for people? I have a class on Monday at 1:30, but we could meet on Mondays at noon for lunch and the Socratic Club. Other thoughts/ideas?
Tom

3 Comments:

Blogger Tom Arthur said...

Tom Reporting for Phil Huston:

Phil can't do Mondays. He has no other classes on those days.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Tom Arthur said...

Phil A. (and Lisa),
I think one of the reasons we didn't do it on a day like Thursday was because there were so many other things going on at lunch on Thursdays that other people wanted to go to. Am I not correct on this?

What about earlier in the morning for people? I have no classes before 11AM and Chapel is only on Wed & Thur. We could meet any day at 9AM (after morning prayer) or on Tuesdays at 10AM. This would have the unfortunate effect of wiping out any first year participation. Thoughts?

10:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

and people in American Christianity which meets on tuesdays 9-11

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home