Saturday, April 29, 2006

Towards the summer months...

As the only other person with a title, besides the King, I would like to put out a call for links and/or other stuff people want up here on our pitifully budgeted blog (King: we need a budget, where are those fees going?)

I put an HTML counter up, but it is quite pathetic. If we had some actual webspace I could load a javascript, but sinceI am just leeching off of google's mighty servers, we are stuck with the unmovable counter below.

I do not have the initiative of the King or the craiger, all I can do is propose ideas, but if someone else had some drive we could do a lot with our own domain and webspace. How cool would that be! So if anyone gets bored over the summer, www.socratic.org is still open for rent...

4 Comments:

Blogger Tom Arthur said...

Wilson,
What kind of things could you do with a doman and server? Wouldn't you lose the ability to do all this discussion stuff? Give me a bigger and more specific vision. I'm curious. Maybe we could tap into those funds...though a domain is only about $10 a year.
Tom

7:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think we could include more materials close to each other, we could have a growing parking-lot to store discussion ideas, we could have space to load the audio, and we could even do a...wait for it...podcast, because we could. And then we could put it on itunes, even if nobody listened to it and the audio was complete crap, it would be pretty cool.

The blogfeed could go to the website and so it would all be connected, and we would just have a lot more freedom to do stuff with it, like a javascript countdown.

I'm just throwing this out there, if there isn't any other thoughts on it, no biggy.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think it would also help with continuity so that the socratic might not die whenever the King is gone.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Tom Arthur said...

So give me a $ proposal.
The King

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home