Saturday, October 07, 2006

Having something to say

I am probably one of the more evangelistically incompetent persons out there (a lot of reasons for that, none of them good) but after an interesting theology precept where I was forced (by popular demand) to field the strong and doubting questions of an improving fellow div student, I am reminded of a part of our by-laws or whatever they may be called, which we have not done besides the Hays-Ehrman (if that comes close) or the Habermas-Marcus one coming.

As I've said, I am for the most part evangelistically incompetent, what that means in practical terms is that I would rather kick a wall barefooted for an hour than bring up God with a stranger. But if someone brought it up to me, it would be a different story. All this goes to say is that I think we should start thinking out loud about anything we could as socratics for the wider duke community not just in an academic way, or if that section should be taken from the bylaws. I yield to the king for clarification.

Oh, and it's the fifth anniversary of the invasion of afghanistan. Pray for peace, no matter how you view war.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home